Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Fairy Catcher


There's nowhere to hide anymore. Word has traveled throughout the Great Forest that the fairy catcher and his talented sniffer are on the hunt. It has proven to be a lucrative business for the goblin, as fairies and fairy bits have all sorts of potent uses.

My original focus for this image was really just to create an interesting character, though as is often the case, I felt like I could push it further and further. The critic in me feels like there may just be too many elements, all fighting for attention. I am often drawn to art that shows restraint, almost a minimalist touch, which this certainly does not. In any case, I learned a lot from the experience.

I've posted my process on DeviantArt: http://wildweasel339.deviantart.com/#/d3re5ph

No comments:

Post a Comment